Wednesday 8 June 2022

Upun My Sole

Most mornings, when it's fine enough, I have a wander around the garden to "view the estate" as my father used to put it.  I have a very laissez-faire attitude when it comes to weeding, and if there is an interesting plant growing where it shouldn’t tend to leave it to see what develops.
Facebook post 9 June 2020
On the garden inspection this morning I noticed the mystery plant at the end of one row had a nice white bulb developing under it.  
So I called Fester with "You know that plant?  I think it's a white radish."
He came out, had a look, and declared "It's a turnip."
“Well, that's a turnip for the book!”
I-thang-ewe
Drummerman  That’s mangelling the language a bit, but I can’t beet it.
Dicky Brown  I don't think there's mushroom for this kind of joke anymore, lettuce pray for peas and quiet!
Drummerman You can stalk...
Dicky Brown  I carrot take any more!

No comments:

Post a Comment