Saturday 4 June 2022

Covid Aftermath: Surprise Bouquet

Facebook post Wednesday 25 May 2020 at 15.30

Lovely surprise this afternoon.  
The postlady delivered a beautiful bunch of freesias and 'baby's breath' from Oldestbestfriend with a lovely note saying 
"I thought I'd wait until you could smell them".
And a packet of sunflower seeds to plant.
Diolch o calon cariad hen ffrind.
Labourlass  I love freesias
McChurch  Ah, there’s lovely. Specially like the hefalump.
Bentonbag  I got him half price because his ear is chipped.
 
🐘🐘🐘

On my 18th birthday Oldestbestfriend turned up with a cardboard box about the size of two shoeboxes.   

It contained a large china elephant, who I named Alphonso:  he currently sits on top of the dresser.   
Since then most birthday, Christmas or ‘just because’ gifts have been elephant themed. 
Her first husband, a police officer, complained that she’d embarrassed him by wearing the pink elephant earrings (which I’d sent for her birthday in early December) at some Force Christmas dinner.  They are no longer married.
Both she and I now have dozens (possibly scores) of elephant shaped or themed things.
But the Toby Jug I bought for myself just because I liked him.

No comments:

Post a Comment