Saturday 27 January 2024

A Little Mystery

From Facebook Archives.

27 January 2020 at 23:12

So I'm sat on the rocking chair with my feet up, knitting.
Ferretfingers comes over and gently pats my tummy.
“What's up kid?” I ask.
“You're pregnant” he says.
If you were wondering what the hysterical cackling about half an hour ago was as about Miss Doozer. 
Miss Doozer  Congratulations! 🤰🎉😹

Mrs Lasagne  Lovely news Ben xxx 💕💝. Lol 

(FYI I was born in 1956)

27 January 2020 at 23:21 

This definitely comes under "there's nowt so queer as folk."
When Mrs Lasagne and I were preparing stuff for Woodlawn Nativity/Xmas Raffle we ran out of the cellophane she normally wraps prizes in, so we wrapped some of them in Xmas paper instead.
Tummy trouble prevented me from helping on the day and I didn't see Mrs Lasagne until today.
She told me people were much more excited about getting the prizes wrapped in paper than the ones they could see through the cellophane.  So next year we are going to wrap any Xmas raffle prizes in paper with ribbons (might be greener than cellophane as well).
Similarly a few years ago we had a bundle of bottle bags so put some of the bottle stall bottles in them.  Again people were far more interested in the bottles in the bags than the ones that just had tickets on them - even though there was no real difference in the prize.
People just seem to like a little mystery in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment