Wednesday 24 January 2024

Another Strange Thing

From Facebook Archives  
24 January 2023 at 19.27
Last night, shortly after I'd reached the top landing with the full laundry basket, there was a huge crash. 
Then Ferretfingers calling 
"Mum. Mum. It's fallen"
"What has?" 
Silence then "It's vandalism".  
I was in too grumpy a mood and too busy hanging up wet washing to go back down immediately.
   
When I did go back downstairs I found Thunderthighs in the hall picking up bits of glass and hoovering. 
One of Phil's photos had hurled itself off the wall and broken its glass; Thunderthighs Godblesshim was clearing up.  
I texted Mrs Leftfoot to see if she had a spare photo-frame that fitted.

So far so odd.

This morning, getting ready for the farm, I felt something inside one of my wellies (which live in the hall).  On investigation it turned out to be: an AAA battery; the little parrot badge Phil used to wear on his Cheap Sunglasses outfit but minus the pin; and a 1980 5peseta coin which can only have been from when we went on holiday to Tenerife.

The only place I can imagine these came from is a ceramic frog trinket bowl which sat on the delft rack beneath the photo.  But the frog was undamaged, the lid still on and it hadn't moved far.

There was a Wallsend historically interesting piece of pottery that was broken, but repairable I hope.

I'm still trying to work out what, if any, message Phil was trying to send.

In the meantime I've moved the frog onto the whatnot where it can be seen and appreciated a lot more; and some of the green Cretan pots onto the delft-rack.

Dr E  Spooky

Mrs Lasagne  That so strange and spooky ! X
Ms Marx  Definitely spooky but Mr Marx to the rescue!

 

 

1 comment:

  1. He's just letting you know he's still around.

    ReplyDelete