Friday 26 January 2024

Chair Cleaning

From Facebook archives
26 January 2020 at 14:42
What is it about Sunday mornings? 
Last week no hot water.   
This week ...
Enjoying a lie in (not a euphemism Mrs Leftfoot) when Thunderthighs comes into our boudoir with
“Teddy's pissed on my chair.”
“Which one?”
“What do you mean?”
“Which chair?  Your easy chair or the one at your desk?”
“The one I sit on to use the laptop.”
“Well mop it up with some toilet paper then sprinkle it with bicarbonate of soda.”
I repeat the above several times then run myself a bath.
Nothing seems to be happening so, when I hear Thunderthighs on the stairs I ask him if he's done anything.  
No.  
Repeat instruction again.
“How much toilet paper?”
“What?  How the hell do I know?  How much piss is there?  Just get a good wad of bog roll and press it into the wet bit.”
Next thing I know he's dragging the damn chair down the loft stairs so I can show him (or do it for him more like).
When I comment on this we get “But I've never done anything like this before.”
“Well it's about bloody time you started, and used the common sense God gave you to get on with it.”
It gets dragged back up the stairs.
While I'm dressing he actually goes downstairs to get the bicarb (of course Daddy has to gallop off down after him because he's forgotten the boy can actually read so doesn't need to be helped).
In the kitchen making my breakfast he comes through with the litter tray to empty and clean.  
Since we got back from our trip to town he has actually hoovered the bicarb off the chair and sprayed it withGlade in the hope that will prevent a repeat performance.
Woolerwoman  You are a Saint, Ben.  Pope Francis will soon be sending you letters seeking advice.xxxx
Mrs Leftfoot  First no hot water. .now the cat.  Thunderthighs must be right fed up.  Mind you it was a cracking Dr Who last night... a big improvement on the first few episodes.
Bentonbag ... and Captain Jack. I know John Barrowman is gay but ....
Paganess  Oh I so agree!!! I've seen him in concert and actually met him, lovely man. Would love to see him in the West End!

No comments:

Post a Comment