Monday 22 January 2024

Respite Caring Friends

From Facebook Archives

22 January 2022 at 10:45·

We had a full house at LDNE knit'n'natter yesterday, all the usual ladies plus one that sort of wandered in and stuck.
The lovely lady who organises the short breaks came and asked if Ferretfingers would like a weekend away. I said he needed one and so did I (the phrase 'nearly took her hand off' springs to mind).   
The outreach-worker who normally goes with him, is available for the weekend of 12th March (my Coven weekend) or 26th (Fester's weekend away) so I selfishly plumped for the latter.   
That way I'll have two Ferretfingers free and two snore-free weekends.   
I've no intention of going off to Derby with Fester and Conway.   
But if anyone local has any ideas for the evening of Friday 25th or Saturday 26th March, let me know.

23 January 2022 at 09:56

Well that was quick. No sooner did I mention "be free and available" than I got invited out for dinner, afternoon tea, a walk and possibly a trip to the theatre.   
I have lovely friends.
Ferretfingers had a sawing session yesterday afternoon; I made him carry all the big stuff to the saw horse.
He is very keen on another trip to Cambois today and is insisting on taking his big saw and having a chip butty with gravy for lunch.  Slightly less fattening than the full cod and chips he would normally get.
Thunderthighs has just come out from washing his hair in the shower and he has the most amazing hairy chest.  That and his long hair going curly with the damp made him look quite Grecian.
Drummerman 2000 or urn?
Bentonbag  What's a Grecian urn? (go on, I dare you)
Drummerman  About 200 Drachma?
Bentonbag  Gotcha!
Drummerman  It had to be said… 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment