Tuesday 2 January 2024

That's January Done

Mrs Leftfoot is one of the friends trying to ensure I follow the “Sound Medical Advice” of doing something frivolous once a month.   
This became difficult during lockdowns: in fact we had a backlog and do again.   
I tick them off on my year planner and we are currently five months behind - if my calculations are correct.
We do our best to keep up.  
Hence our regular exchanges along the lines of   
“Is this January or last October?”
From Facebook Archives …
2 January 2021 at 13:29
Just had an excellent walk around Jesmond Dene with Mrs Leftfoot and the boys.  
Ferretfingers had been agitating for the Quayside market but this way we had exercise, there was no temptation from Deli Churros or hotdog stalls and I actually had someone to talk to.  
So that took the strain off Thunderthighs as far as making conversation was concerned (and I suspect he was entertained in eavesdropping).
And, as Mrs Leftfoot said, that's January done.
Drummerman  Lack of ambition to write off a month by the 2nd?
Bentonbag  We reckoned the weekend up with you and Mrs D wiped out the backlog from 2020 and 2021 so we're starting afresh on the "something once a month"s.  WI doesn't count.
Mrs Leftfoot  Lack of ambition, Mr D???? I'm outraged. X
Drummerman  You’ve moved to Tunbridge Wells? I take it all back!

No comments:

Post a Comment