Sunday 29 August 2021

Autumn Thoughts


From Facebook Archives

29 August 2016 at 08:03 ·

Just been out in the garden and I can smell autumn

Hagrid  Yes absolutely!  Petrichor!  Smells strong here today! X
Bentonbag  It always makes me feel a little bit excited.  The year turning, old things dying new things just starting to develop but still invisible.  Maybe it's all those years of a new academic year but, ever since my own birth day, autumn has always been the start of big changes for me.  Including losing Phil and having to rebuild my life, and conceiving my boys.
Hagrid  I have mixed feeling about autumn but regardless I do love it, it is a season of big change, you are right! X
V M  Wish I could😞when I go into my garden all I can smell is Blaydon Landfill! xxxx
Mrs Poet Tell her to bugger off.
Cousin Daisy We too can smell Autumn at the coast 🏖
Woolerwoman  I rather like autumn too but I can hear autumn before I notice anything else - it's hard to explain - things like traffic in the distance begin to sound more hollow and muted somehow.  Then, as you say, the smell.  And just now, in my new little house in Wooler, I've got a real live harvest going on just outside. xx
Bazoukiboy  I think you are right. I sensed a definite turning of the season on Friday... And the new students are moving in...
Bentonbag Oh joy oh effin rapture.

No comments:

Post a Comment