Monday 2 August 2021

Four For One

Or “So like the homelife of our own dear Queen”.

From Facebook Archives

 31 July 2011 at 16:16 ·

Just back from a quick visit to North Yorkshire.

Turning into our street Thunderthighs sighs and says 

"Oh good the house's still standing."  

 On enquiry he said "Well I thought it might have burnt down or summat".   

Always the hopeful traveller our Thunderthighs.

31 July 2014 at 14:05 

I rang Independent Lives to change Ferretfingers's day to Thursday from September because TyneMet College has changed his days there.  We talked a little about the things he does at the Rising Sun farm - cleaning out the ducks, watering in the polytunnel - and Carol mentioned what a good worker he was once he knew what to do. I said we'd got him a saw for his birthday because he's so good at sawing wood for the fire.

"We know" said Carol "He told us you'd got him a chain saw"

!!!😲

He's destructive enough as it is

God only knows what he'd do given access to power tools!

 

Strawangel  Brilliant! xx

Mr Python  He can come and play on the digger if he wants..😁😲
Bentonbag  He'd love that.  Didn't know you wanted the farmhouse demolished ...

31 July 2015 at 15:06 ·

Me "It's a blue moon tonight"
Him "Does that mean Sheffield United will win?"
Me "Are they playing?"
Him "No"
Me "Well they won't then. But look on the bright side, they won't lose either"

31 July 2018 at 20:35 ·

My husband and I are sitting here in the office and I just leant forward to get an envelope, causing a small but audible outbreak of wind.   

Thunderthighs, coming up the stairs to run his bath, says 

"What?" 

then comes into the office with 

"I thought I heard you say something".   

I'm corpsed with laughter and his father says 

"More sense than she normally comes out with."

All together now ...

So like the homelife of our own dear Queen

Henlady  I really really enjoyed the last sentence.

Mrs Poet  I left a poetry reading before the end, tiproeing out, dropped my bag, and farted when retrieving it, it was a small silent room, before that
Miss Doozer   😁 😁 😁 Once I farted so loud both cats came running in to see what the fuss was about...
 
Ardnamurchan Point (31 May 2017)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment