Tuesday 17 August 2021

Finding Words and Things

We've been away for the weekend.
The following are from my Facebook archive, sadly only followers of Father Ted will appreciate the first item ...



16 August 2015 at 17:14 ·

I've just shown this to Thunderthighs who has left the office cackling with laughter.

When he was tiny and just starting to talk he would shove his sippy mug at me and shout "Drink!"

To which I would reply "nuns, arse, feck"

Until I realised it might not be the best phrase to teach a toddler ...

... by which time it was too late ...

 

Image from www.facebook.com/FowlLanguageComics

16 August 2015 at 17:56 
"Where is it?"

"It's in the freezer"

"Where?"

"Oh for ****'s sake it's a 3ft by 3ft cube of space, there's nowhere for it to go, just effin look properly, which includes lifting things up and looking under them."
This is not an uncommon conversation in this household/marriage.

Bess Cavalier I just thought it was a 'male' thing
Bentonbag Roseanne Bar used to say  "Men think a womb is an object finding device" - I used to laugh .....

 

16 August 2019 at 23:12 ·

Our attempts to get Thunderthighs to moderate his language are having an effect.   
Just heard him exclaim "Oh firetrucking Nora!"
Kentlady I think I'll try that one myself now we have a no swearing rule on the allotment!
McChurch I knew a Naval Chaplain whose expletive of choice was "Oh February". 
How we laughed at the daft old sod.
Bentonbag My mother frequently exploded with "Oh For Crying Out Loud!"; 
I was well into my 40s before I began to suspect ...

No comments:

Post a Comment