Thursday 19 August 2021

This!

Today’s blog is brought to you courtesy of something I’ve just seen on Facebook and my reaction to it.

This!

"Oh you're so strong, I don't know how you do it ..."
I have no f***ing choice. 
I had no choice when Phil had cancer and was dying. 
I had no choice when the boys were little, or now. 
If not me who? 
I can't walk away. 
I can't even take a break without first organising someone to mind them.
There is almost no spontaneity
Everything has to be scheduled or planned.
I get up before them and can’t sleep until they’re in bed. 
I walk a tightrope between keeping them safe
And encouraging their independence,
Constantly stretched between the need to care 
And the knowledge I won’t always be here for them. 
You develop muscle strength through using them 
You develop other strengths by use too. 
My strength isn't a virtue, it's a necessity, 
And sometimes I get very very tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment