Sunday 8 August 2021

Phone Bill

From Facebook Archives

7 August 2014 at 23:03

The phone rings.   

I pick up.   

A pleasant Scottish male voice asks for Ferretfingers Festerson.  

 I ask “Who is calling please?”.

"My name is Bill from BT Business Phone Book, Mr Festerson has been in touch about advertising with us."

I think he was quite startled to be met with gales of laughter followed by 

"That wouldn't be via a website would it?"

"Actually, yes, it was"

So I explain about Ferretfingers’ autism and apologised.

He said "I did wonder, he put the business name down as Asda Stores."

At least he wasn't trying to sell the house again.

Bill thanked me for cheering his day up no end and said he would take the enquiry off the system.

 

This evening, to recover from the excitement of sorting the garage, I had an early bath, put on my nightie and dressing gown and caught up on the things recorded on the tivo box.   

About half an hour ago Ferretfingers got sick of not having access to the tv.

"Go upstairs Mum, you're tired"

No comments:

Post a Comment