Wednesday 18 August 2021

Getting Bettter

A few blogs ago (True Love) I used some posts from my 2016 Facebook archives telling how I was so poorly that I wasn’t able to do any washing.

15 August 2016 at 17:46 ·

Well I have a chest infection.

Never having had one before I didn't know what it was and am now on ammoxicilin.

Problem is, coughing has done something to my neck so I'm getting really nasty pains in my neck muscles right up to the top of my scalp.  So I'm looking at painkillers too.

Cousin Daisy Hi Ben sorry you are so poorly as am an expert on chest infections.  I know how you feel. Rotten!  If you contact my son he will help you as he has had a lot of back problems.   
Sorry we won't get to see you this time as we are going to Bettyn Sutherland's funeral tomorrow and then Fifi and the granddaughter are going back on Wednesday Get well,soon. Love dx. 🎶 🎶
Bentonbag That's ok Daisy. I wouldn't want you to risk catching this b*stard - especially the granddaughter. I didn't realise Betty Sutherland had passed away. Sorry to hear it, she was such a nice little woman. Please pass on my sympathies to Bill. Having a lot of quiet time xxx

18 August 2016 at 07:59 ·

Feeling sufficiently better to consider a trip to Aldi.  We are running out of catfood, crisps and loo =]roll.

This typing lark is a lot easier without a small ginger cat attempting to chew one's knuckle. 

He also believes my pink fluffy slippers are monsters trying to eat my feet and attacks them accordingly.

Mrs Lasagne I'm glad you're feeling better Ben xxx 😘
Miss Doozer If you don't make it I have spare loo roll and catfood you can have. You're not having the crisps tho.
Cousin Daisy Take it easy Ben not easy I know but chest infections leave you weak and you need to rest every chance you get 😇 🌅
Mrs Poet Good to hear, o perky one.  Spellcheck behaving today: expected pesky.
Henlady Glad you are recovering, take care of yourself and give your body time . 
Later
Taking the bin out and encounter next door on their way to work.
On Sunday evening, the last time she saw me, Miss Doozer looked at my face and said “MyGod you look drawn”.

This morning she asked how I was and commented “at least you’re not having to lean on things any more.”

No comments:

Post a Comment