Friday 6 August 2021

Understanding and Empathy

From Facebook Archives

4 August 2018 at 15:06 ·

Took Ferretfingers down to town today to put in his birthday money into his Newcastle Building Society account.
He goes up to the cashier and hands the pass book over with 
"Cheque in and cash out please."
The cashier took it in his stride and asked 
"You want me to put this cheque in and take £25 cash out?"
"Yess"
The cashier, God bless him, did the minimum tick box security check (first name, date of birth) and sorted it all with a smile.

We visited other places on our wander through town (I wandered, Ferretfingers had a plan) and ended up in the Grainger Market.  Here he got a little agitated because his backpack wasn't zipped up properly.   

A bearded young man came up and said 
"You can use one of my tables if you want.  I understand.  I get moments too.   
That's why I wear these ear buds."
 
Will is a 'high functioning autistic' young man running his own bespoke carpentry and woodwork firm, creating furniture and treen from reclaimed wood, and upcycling items: IR8 Bespoke

Mrs Leftfoot It's good to hear about people being kind,. must be a boost for you both.

Ms PH Fantastic - I'll have a look next time I'm round there. What a star. Glad Ferretfingers enjoying his birthday money.
Mrs Poet Lovely to start my day with two positive posts: this is one.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment