Saturday 29 August 2020

Another Couple

… of short Facebook posts

29 August 2015 at 11:21 ·

Neighbour just rang to ask me to feed her cats. She's off to Aviemor so I suggested she take a trip up the Cairngorm.
"Oh yes" she says "you did that on the ventricular railway"

29 August 2016 at 18:03 ·

Sitting with my boys waiting for the 55 bus I spotted a boxy turquoise car crossing the junction.

"Oh! Thunderthighs look, there's a twin for our car."

"Mum, that's a Panda not a Multipla."

"Well it's much the same shape and colour, it could be its baby sister."

The look he gave me after the huge sigh was more pitying than withering.

 

Madam Lili I get that ...the withering "come on mum” look it’s great ...embrace it now I do ...
 
Mrs Poet Good to hear you are out and about...fully recovered or pale and wan?*
Bentonbag  Taking it gently Mrs Poet. 55 to Newcastle, X15 to Morpeth and a half hour stroll to charity shops, X18 to Warkwork, village stores for picnic supplies (sarnies, crisps, choccy), stroll to river for picnic on bench, stroll up river then uphill to castle, through moat and back down main street to bus stop for x18 back to Haymarket.  Lovely sunny day and good views from the top deck.  A change is as good as a rest and to build up a little stamina.

 *This query was because at the time I was recovering from my first ever (and please God only) chest infection:  a real stonker that laid me out for 3 days, waking up in hot and cold sweats.  Horrendous.

No comments:

Post a Comment