Thursday 6 August 2020

Cold Caller Baiting #3

Whilst I appreciate that low employment opportunities might force them into it, I am of the opinion that anyone who phones me univited have put themselves in my playpen - especially since we have Telephone Preference Service.

Facebook posting 6 August 2015 at 12:13

Phone rings, slight delay, Craig Charles like scouse voice
"Is it possible to speak to Benton?"
"Who are you?"
"My name is Chris and I'm calling from Universal Somethingorother."
"Well Chris I've never had a car accident nor PPI"
Slightly outraged "But I'm not calling you about that, I'm calling to ask whether you've got a frozen pension"
"I haven't got one of those either. Goodbye, have a good day"
"You too."

I'm seriously considering the next time a young person rings and calls me by my first name saying "Have we been formally introduced? It's Mrs Bag to you sonny."
Any thoughts?

Tylebach totally with you xx
Kentishlade There is no point in me having a land line, apart from not being able to find a company that will provide broadband without one. I never answer it as it is always someone telling me that I have had have had an accident, have a computer virus, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment