Wednesday 5 August 2020

Cat Tale #14 Teddy Escapade

Facebook posts Monday 5 August 2016

TEDDY HAS ESCAPED
I left a back top window ajar overnight and he must have jumped up and forced his way through.

If anyone local sees him please contact/message me. Please share.


6 hrs later ·

He's back.
I took Ferretfingers down to Byker to get printer ink refilled, after it ran out half way through making Lost Cat posters.
He spotted the poster and was most upset; surprising as he takes little notice of the cats when they're here.
I came upstairs onto the computer.
Sudden shrieks of "Teddy's back, he's in the garden" and sound of back door opening.
Dash downstairs to see Teddy scuttling across the garden, into the back door, through to the living room and to the food bowl.
Two sachets of cat-food later and he's purring and had a cuddle on the couch.
The windows are now firmly shut.

 

After this morning's excitement Ferretfingers and I took ourselves off for Allotment Gardening and go up to Byker on the way home to pick up the refilled ink cartridges (not as good as new but considerably cheaper).
Turning right at the roundabout a strange rattly noise starts under the back of the car.
"Oh God the exhaust's gone" I think.
Then turning right again to get to the carpark the noise starts under the engine, in fact the whole underneath of the car is rattling and I can feel it through the steering wheel.  

The last time the car made a noise anything like that was in 2008 when the engine mountings went.
Park up, look underneath but the exhaust is still there.

Consider driving to Kwikfit and decide to call the AA instead.
Go to the ink shop.  

Ring Fester and he agrees to get the bus over and take Ferretfingers home.  

Ring the AA and have fun explaining where the car is parked.  

Thank goodness for Google-maps.  

Get ink cartridges.  

Go back to car.  

Fester arrives and departs with Ferretfingers and our goodies from the allotment. 

AA man gets to me 5minutes earlier than scheduled and examines engine.  

The fanbelt is fraying.  

He cuts off the loose bits and - lo - the car sounds a whole lot better. 

I call Kwikfit and Karl says yes they do do fanbelts. 

AA man follows me there just in case.  

We go into Kwikfit and do the various bits of paperwork.  

Karl says it will be done first thing tomorrow.  

AA man goes. 

I take my handbag out of car and walk home (only 5 minutes, very handy, that’s why we’re on first name terms).
I then have to spend half an hour trying to sort out Fester's mobile which keeps turning itself off!
What a bloody day!
I'm going to bed early tonight.
Alone.
After having drink taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment