Friday 21 August 2020

Boy Shopping

Facebook post  21 August 2014 at 11:52

So Thunderthighs comes to Tesco with me and, at the checkout, does the usual male/teenage thing of hanging there being neither use nor ornament.

"Come on Thunderthighs, don't stand there like one o'clock half struck, help me get this stuff packed."
At which the checkout lad springs to life with a "sorry" and starts stuffing stuff into a carrier bag.
I look surprised
He says "I didn't hear the name, I thought you were talking to me. I'm half asleep."
My Dad did once say I had 'the tone of command'!

 

Bess Cavalier In my experience, the most efficient check-out operators are middle-aged women - it must be the multi-tasking! Teenage boys are the slowest

Float 'One o'clock half struck', love it!
Bentonbag  One of my Mother's many sayings.

 

Thunderthighs has come on a lot since then.  He now loads and unloads the trolley and packs most of the stuff.  On a really good day he puts some of the shopping away when we get home.  The stuff he eats, obviously, not the rest.

He is also a very good getter of ‘messages’; getting everything he’s been asked plus anything else on special offer that he thinks we can use.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment