Thursday 13 August 2020

Flexibility

I didn’t blog yesterday.

The afternoon before last Fester took himself to bed, hot and sweaty and when I felt his forehead he definitely had a fever.  But, naturally, he refused to allow me to take his temperature.  I suppose I could have tried to do it anally but then I’d never have been able to use the digital thermometer again.  It was probably heatstroke as he’d gone out with Ferretfingers without his sunhat and had had to stand half an hour waiting for a bus. 

After a night’s sleep and most of today in bed and rehydration he was back to his horrible self; but I was worried and in no mood for writing.  Also there was nothing of interest on Facebook Memories at all (not a glorious twelfth!).  

Anyway, here is something positive from five years ago …

13 August 2015 at 16:14 ·

Thunderthighs trolls off to do his VODA Good Neighbours volunteering weeding someone's garden and I go and have coffee in the Grainger Market, chat and laugh with some friends. 

When I get home Thunderthighs is in so I ask him how it went.

"Well" he says - and my heart sinks as that's never a good start.

However .... the other volunteer didn't turn up so "the woman chatted to me for a while"

"Were you polite?"

"Yes. Anyway she said she might 'phone VODA to reschedule, or I could, so I got the 53 to Shiremoor and went and told them and they've rescheduled it."

So he's coped with something not going as planned, gone and told the appropriate people and is quite happy with the outcome.

Those of you with special needs/autistic spectrum kids will understand why I'm feeling just a little bit proud of him. 

Pinkitchen Just a little bit? Wow. Well done Thunderthighs!                         Cousin Daisy Thunderthighs you are a star well done laddie!!! The hove gang send hugs x
Mrs Bun Well done Thunderthighs.
Mrs Lasagne Wonderful xxx
Mrs Leftfoot Well done Thunderthighs.... Goes to prove life isn't all about A level grades.
Madame Lili Well done, my son would have had a complete meltdown

No comments:

Post a Comment