Monday 26 September 2022

Bus Pass Blues

Announcing the purchase of my first Senior Railcard led to an annoyed thread from (mostly) WASPI  (Women Affected by the State Pension-age Increase) friends.
My pensioner’s bus pass arrived on Thursday, it has yet to makes its maiden voyage.
From Facebook archives
26 September 2016 at 19:11 ·

I've just bought my first Senior Railcard at half price using Tesco vouchers.

Well there has to be some consolation for turning 60.

Mrs Elplates  I was quite upset to find I couldn't get a bus pass!  Used to be the whole point of turning 60.
Bentonbag  I know - we shall have to wait even longer than Fester who couldn't get it until he was 62 and a half (or some such!)
Mrs Westie  I am livid.  I have to wait until I am 64.I have worked since I was 15 !!
Kentishlady  We have to wait until 66 for the bus pass, I think.  That's if the government hasn't done away with it by then.  They were thinking of scrapping it last year.  I didn't know about the senior railcard.  Off to have a look.
Bentonbag  You need a driving licence, passport or I.D. card to get one online.  Fester got/renews his at Central Station.
Mrs Heath  Bus pass is linked to state pension age, shafted by the government again, lol xxx  You get more advantage points at Boots as well, I'm sure someone at work said you get 10 for every £1 spent xxx
Miss Fiddle  I'm in the minority of those who can't get a national rail card - you can get one if your under 25, over 60, in a family, in a couple or disabled.  The only one I am entitled to is the network card, for off-peak in the south-east.  It's worth getting even though I live in the NE as I visit family down there so often.
Mr Mull  In Scotland bus passes still start at 60...
Bentonbag  I've got a feeling they do in London too?
Mrs BW  My 60th in May I'll be looking out for all the benefits too
Sheamus Murphy  Got an SC ticket for the Waverley Paddle Steamer a couple of weeks ago - after googling to find out what SC stood for!

No comments:

Post a Comment