Monday 5 September 2022

Fair Isle Distraction

 

From Facebook archives
5 September 2014 at 22:25 

Just been watching "Castles In The Sky" which was excellent.  Only problem was I kept being distracted by the wonderful Fair Isle sleeveless pullovers and wondering where they got the patterns for the motifs.
Told Fester, he says "Do you want one?"
No - I want to knit one.

Bess Cavalier  I would just Google vintage knitting patterns.  I bet someone has put them on the internet somewhere.  Or go rummaging in charity shops - they always seem to have old knitting patterns.
Paganess  Make them up and make it personal, all you need is graph paper! x
Bentonbag  I do, Paganess, I do - this one is based on trains, trams and buses
Paganess  Love it!
Bess Cavalier  Well done for getting Thunderthighs to wear something you've knitted, however cool the design!
Bentonbag  It's from 2010 - the pullover is now relegated to a drawer awaiting the time he gives up on t-shirts and hoodies and gets back into proper shirts.
🐑🐑🐑

The same thing happened when Mrs Leftfoot and I went to see Darkest Hour; really interesting 1930/40s knitted garments that made me think “I wonder how you make that.” 
Also seeing items of furniture very similar to ones we had at home, which was mostly furnished by my grand and great-grand parents (being Welsh we didn’t buy new furniture unless the old was broken beyond repair).  Perhaps Darkest Hour wasn’t as engrossing as it could have been; I didn’t have that problem when we went to see Dunkirk.

No comments:

Post a Comment