Friday 30 September 2022

Multipla Moment

When I got my big blue frog Fiat Multipla in 2009 OldestBestFriend’s partner Tudor Python sucked his teeth and said we’d have to spend some money to keep it on the road.
He was right, but that didn’t stop me from loving it and being sad when the MOT recommendations covered two pages and it had to go.
This was one of its more spectacular moments.
Of course as I pulled up the farm manager was standing there grinning with a “Is it supposed to make that noise?”

From Facebook archives

30 September 2010 at 15:19 

The Multipla is back at Richard Hardie.  Going over the bridge to Nafferton Farm the gearbox dropped.  So I've had a nice long trip in a recovery waggon and am back in a hirecar.   
A Fiat 500 is a great little nippy car for a single girl - no good for kids over 6ft and overweight entomologist.

2 October 2010 at 16:17

Got the Multipla back from Richard Hardie - an engine mounting had sheared - 
no charge and I got the courtesy car for free with them covering the insurance whilst I had it.
The service manager sincerely hopes not to see me again for at least 12 months.
Dulcima  I expect you don't want to see him at least a year, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment