Saturday 3 September 2022

Adapting

From Facebook Archives 
3 September 2014 at 23:15 
I am so proud of Thunderthighs.
This morning we got an email from Newcastle College with the times of his courses.   
Biology is an evening course (5.30-8.30).    
He was horrified at such a change in lifestyle - 5pm is teatime, 9pm is bath-time.   
At his request I replied asking if there was any other time available.    
However after pep talks from Dr Fester and myself, reassurance that we will take him down and pick him up if necessary, explanation that both his father and I had attended evening classes to get the qualifications/skills we needed, and a very long think - he came down after his bath and said he would go to the evening class.    
It seems he's heard some scare stories about the Metro because he said 
"I can go down on the train and come home on the bus, that would be safer I think." 
However huge he is, inside he's still my timid little boy and I think he's being really brave because it's going to be so different to everything he's known. 
FifoD  Bless him!!! Xxx 
Bess Cavalier  Well done Thunderthighs.  It will be different, but a sign that he is growing up and is willing to branch out.  You might find that once he gets into the swing of it, he actually enjoys the experience. 
Mrs Poet  Brought moisture to my eye, Good on both of you. 
Henlady  Aaahhh, good thinking Thunderthighs  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment