Friday 9 September 2022

Media Tart Strikes Again

I’ve been a regular listener to BBC5live’s Fighting Talk for many years.
It’s almost always been on in the car on holiday driving journeys.
I’ve managed to get tickets both times it’s been recorded in Newcastle upon Tyne.
The photo is from Mrs Leftfoot’s Facebook Archives

9 September 2017 MEDIA TART STRIKES AGAIN!

Mrs Leftfoot.  Guess where we were this morning... Some light relief after a difficult week... And yes, that is Bentonbag on the stage!... Thanks for getting the tickets... 
That's September "done" then... X”
Mrs Jeremy Mega impressed...and jealous!
Mrs Jeremy Mr Jeremy said, "Getting tickets for the show is one thing but how on earth did Ben end up on the stage?"  I find myself asking the same question!
Bentonbag Got lucky in the lottery for tickets, got there early so at the head of the queue and in first (tickets 1 and 2) and were in the third row from the front (behind the VIPs, guests and disabled).   
They use audience members to get the sound levels on the pundits’ microphones.   
Three men were chosen and Mrs Leftfoot was "They need a token woman" so I said "Well point at me then".   
Which she did. 
Colin Murray "Do you want to do it?" 
OK, so up I went and for a couple of minutes I was Baroness Tanni Grey Thompson doing a Defend the Indefensible.
Mrs Jeremy  Brilliant!
 
⚽ 🦉

Sadly I claimed Sheffield United as my team and was asked to defend “Wednesday is the best football team in Sheffield”.

All I could think of to say was “They’ve got a much cuter mascot.”
Of course later I realised I should have also said “Well, you can go to matches without the danger of being distracted by seeing Sean Bean in the crowd” Hey ho.
 
Other Media Tart Moments can be found at
 

No comments:

Post a Comment